Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Happenings!

 I just love Halloween. For me it means the dreaded heat of the AZ sun is coming to an end. Also I love experiencing holidays as a child once again. I love to see the looks on my kiddos faces as we start our own traditions as a family and enjoy one anothers company. Isn't that what holidays are for? Well the other night I got the experience of carving pumpkins BY MYSELF with three of the cutest kids on the block. I don't think I will be doing that again. Poor Daddy was working late and their wasn't really any other time to do it. So being the crazy mom that I am I decided to tackle this fun project by myself. Much to my surprise both of my kiddos who are anti-germ, and don't like to touch gross stuff , dug right in to the pumpkins. I was soooo proud.
 Scotty even got in on the fun. We picked this pumpkin for him because we thought it kinda looked like him with his bald head.
 The next day we decided to take a trip to the ASU football game with Daddy. The kids LOVED IT. Throughout the years the kids have tried to go to these games but haven't lasted past the loud fireworks in the beginning of the game. This time they got into the Devil's spirit and were proud to call them self ASU's smallest #1 fans with face painting and full on ASU gear. Tess checking out the game.
 My cute little Devil fan. He had a blast and even knew to shake Daddy's keys in the air during a kick pff.
 Spencer was in heaven with his ASU family in tow. It was a great day to go. ASU beat the Washington State Cougars 42 to zip, the weather was so nice, and it wasn't very crowded. I might even consider going to another game, even though I never know what is going on in football games.
Then it was off to the ward party with little Mario and big brother Luigi
                                                   
and the beautiful Butterfly. (who was suppose to be the little mermaid but decided to be a butterfly instead) even though Daddy surprised her one day with an expensive Disney store costume. Dang Independence!
 Little Mario found his button on his costume and sucked on it until he feel asleep
 I love these kids!
 Butterfly had a very hard time driving to and from the different festivities.
We even got to trick or treat with Thing 1 and Thing 2!! Thing 1 and little Miss Butterfly have a relationship. She calls him her Boyfriend. poor kid. Happy Halloween!!

4 comments:

The Brinkerhoff's said...

so cute!!

Jennifer said...

Mario and Luigi!? How cute!!!! I need to put Connor in his costume again so I can take a picture!

I love your ASU family picture! :)

I was brave this year (more like I let go of control) and let my kids carve their own pumpkins without help. They were very unique....and my back yard is still covered in pumpkin innards...but oh well!

John and Lisa said...

SO cute, Tiff!!! Ok, I have seen so many Mario's this year, even adults! Love it. Gosh, I feel so out of touch...and yet you're so close. Fun running into you at IKEA, glad Carla and the kids could play for a little while. I, like you...love this time of year, for the very same reason! Cooler weather is heaven to me. Love your family, Tiff.

Lissa said...

Seth's painted ASU face is cracking me up! And Spencer was beaming in ur ASU family photo. Love it.

And Camden loves having Tessa as his "boyfriend" too.