Monday, October 25, 2010

Escape from Reality

 So we have this little problem now that my parents have moved to the beach...At the drop of a hat we go to see them. It's so bad the my Scotty has been to California 5 times already. He is only 4 months old!! This past trip was over fall break and we stayed for an entire week. It was so nice and relaxing. Spencer stayed a couple of days and then flew home to work, and then flew back to help me drive home with the kiddos. One day we took our bikes to the beach to take a nice ride along the beach. Look at poor Tessa in this picture.. Do you think she is uncomfortable? Sorry Bear
 Admiring the scenic route
 My cute Mom on her way cool red bike... I was coveting this bike all week.
Skipping rocks with Dad
 I forgot to pack swimming suits and hit up a local Goodwill for some very hip swimming gear. Tessa found this one much to my dismay. I love her hair when we are by the ocean. Such a pretty girl.
 OK, so we found this AMAZING pumpkin patch. I was just in love with all the wonderful bright colored pumpkins. We don't have colors like that in AZ. We had to pose for a family pic. I love my sweet family!
 Our three ADORABLE kiddos.. Scotty was having some fun..
 My Dad, Me, and Scotty. My two favorite Scotty's
 Could it get any cuter then this.. Oh my
 Look at this handsome devil.. So big and grown up
 We got to push around this fun wheelbarrow with the kids to collect their finds. They got a kick out of this. I found my picks
 Tessa always striking a pose!
 Popeye,and Apple Jul with their cute grandkids. They are great grandparents. My kids sure are lucky (on both sides) :)
 I had a wonderful last minute decision visit from my friend Lindy and her kids. Lindy and I have been friends since birth  (literally our mom's where prego with us) She lives a couple hours away from my parents and I called to see if she wanted to come down for a quick visit. She was sweet enough to load all of her kids up and stay a couple of days with us. It was so much fun to catch up and watch our kids play together. I know it was a sacrifice for her to come over. I am so glad she did. This picture is all SIX of our kids. I can't believe between the two of us we have six. I still feel like we are just a couple of teenagers when I get around her. Not a mother of 3.
 We took a couple rides to the park around the corner. I love it because I grew up going to the same park and now my kids get to go to for the rest of their lives.
 We had to visit the harbor park. There is a HUGE boat on the sand and attached to it is a zip line. I love to see Seth do this over and over... again another fun memory I got to enjoy as a kid
 Eating ice cream on the pier. A Must. Paxton 3, Tessa 3, Lyric 5, Seth 6
 This picture was a struggle. Lindy and I realized that this picture was a must and when were we going to get another chance to have such a fabulous photo opp. Paxton was so mad because I was holding his arm to stay in the picture (Lindy told me to)
 The newest members to the clan of kiddos. Scotty with his future wife Kylee. Aren't the so dang cute. They are only a week apart. I love how close are kiddos are.
Me and my boys playing on another play ground at the beach. It felt so nice to be outside. AZ was a little to hot still to be outdoors. Thanks Mom and Dad for such and amazing week!! Also Thank you Lindy for making the trip to hang out and catch up. I sure love you guys.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

i am a little bit jealous of you beach trip!

Tawnya said...

The colors just pop in those pumpkin pictures. I love it!

Jewel said...

What a fun trip--I just love California. Glad you had so much fun!

Lissa said...

That picture of Scott and squished Tess is my favorite!!!