Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Biggest Loser!!

My husband and I decided that we both wanted to lose some weight before our summer's vacations that we have planned. So knowing both of our personalities we realized to achieve our goal we would need a little competition in order to say motivated and lose our goal weight. Couple of times last year we and a group involving our family and friends all got together and joined our own BIGGEST LOSER contest. It was very successful and we all felt a little better about ourselves. The rules are that we all put in 100 dollars in the beginning of the eight week contest. If we lose 10% of our weight we will get 50 dollars of our 100 back and the rest of the money will go to THE BIGGEST LOSER!! Our weight is calculated by percentage of our weight so it is fair for everyone. Well fair if you don't consider that MEN lose weight faster and have a slight advantage over us women in the competition. You can't take pills or any kind of weight lose supliments.There are about 12 people in the competition and it ends on June 1st. In last years contest my husband Spencer won one and I won the other. Take it that I had just had a baby but it seemed to work to my advantage.I am really excited to lose some weight and feel motivated to do so. Right now I am completely starving and my stomach is growling at me. I have worked my butt off at the gym the last couple of days and am feeling quite fatigue at the moment. If I can make it through this week I will be just fine. Stay tuned for update...... Let the Biggest loser win!! Bring it on ......

6 comments:

Cristin said...

What a good idea! I should do something like that and make everyone weigh themselves right now, you know just a few weeks before I have the baby. Then it would give me a head start on losing the weight! Good strategy, huh?

Taryn said...

Good luck, Tiff!! Miss yoU!

Unknown said...

Hey Tiff! I didn't get a chance to send a card off but I wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday today!! Hope it was a great one for you!!

Love,
Taryn

Amy C said...

Good luck! I think it's great that you guys are doing this! Is Seth feeling better?

Debi Lassen said...

How's the losing going? Sprintime brings out this push to lose weight, doesn't it? I'm going through the same thing.
Love to check in on your blog and see the cute pictures of all of you.
Love you, Tiff!
Aunt Debi

Lindsay Kay said...

Good for you! I hope you win. So glad you guys could come over and we really hope that you'll drop in on us soon.:) Until then we can at least keep tabs on eachother through the blogging world. hansenrocks.blogspot.com
Take care of those adorable kids!