Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Denied

Yesterday morning I experienced a little jab to my heart. I realized that my first baby is growing up way to fast. I started the day off with getting Seth ready for school and then driving the carpool to school. In the carpool are a couple of Seth's best friends. He loves going to school with them. As we pulled up to the front of the school everyone jumps out. I leaned over to Seth and said " Have a great day Seth, I love you so much, give me loves (kisses)" He leaned in, stopped, looked at his friends, and then gave me this look of complete embarrassment that I would ask such a thing. HE WOULDN'T GIVE ME A KISS GOOD BYE!! I couldn't believe it. At first I was hurt then I realized that he is just growing up and realizing that it may not be the coolest to kiss mom good bye.  Ill be honest, it kinda hurt all day. When he got home I made him give me 10 kisses and he did not hold back. I can't believe that I have entered this part of my life... I am the embarrassing mom that takes her kids to school in her pj's and asks for public displays of affection in front of friends!! What is going on here!! I am totally that mom and suddenly feel very old.

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

How sad!! I hate it when Kit denies kisses.

Lissa said...

OH.MY. He is getting big! I hope the retail/painting therapy helped get you over that little bump in your day:)

Jennifer said...

It's because he's a boy. At least that's my opinion. I bet when Tessa is his age, she'll have no problem smoochin on ya in front of friends. Girl...I'd give ya a big hug and kiss on the check right now if I could. Well...I haven't brushed my teeth yet (true fact)....so you might deny me! :)

Have a good day!

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

That is heart breaking. I hope you held your baby all day to make up for it. I never want my man to get bigger.

Maren said...

That's funny that he was embarrassed in front of Paige & James. I make them kiss me all the time before they jump out of the car... and they kiss me in front of Seth. Kids are so crazy. You should tell him cool kids aren't afraid to kiss their moms.