Monday, January 12, 2009

Apple Jul and Popeye

I am feeling a little sorry for myself which I know I really don't have any real reason to.... BUT GUESS WHAT, I AM!!
My sweet parents are in the process of moving to California because my Dad has had a real hard time this year with his career and the economy. I guess you have to go where the money is huh? Stupid money!!! I am feeling sorry for myself because for the last 5 plus years I have been very spoiled and have had my parents live very close to my family and I.Over these past several years my parents have really become my best friends who I could rely on for ANYTHING!! My life has changed so much in these last 5 years and my parents have been there for it all. I am also worried about my two little kiddos. My Mom and Dad have and are a huge part of their little lives and talk and ask for them on a daily bases. What am I going to tell them?
I know we are going to see them a lot and have lots of visits and fun vacations together.. but how do you create a healthy balance with that as well. I just don't want to leave my husband at home all the time so I can go and play in Cali while he is at home working for our family. Seth is starting school this year and will so be on a very strict schedule.... There is just so much to consider with all of this change. I know I am truely blessed and I have such a great family and parents like I do. It is going to take a lot of adjusting on both of our sides. I am going to have to learn how to stand on my own two feet ALL BY MY SELF... without my mommy's help!! In turn I think it will be a very good growing experience for us and fores us to become stronger. I just love them so much and am going to miss them like crazy!! Ok I am down whining....

11 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

Tiff, that sounds SO hard. I know how close you and your mom are (and the kids) and you probably feel like you're ripping your kids hearts out!!!

The only thing I can say is there is a small plus side to living away. When you come to visit you are like celebreties! When we go to Tucker's parents house, we get extra special time and treatment that we wouldn't be able to get if we lived close. I love staying at their house overnight multiple nights and the kids think it is the most exciting thing too.

Lindsay Kay said...

Life will go on, but while it feels like it's falling apart rely on friends and spend lots of time on your knees. I'm so sorry - I know your pain.:)

John and Lisa said...

I'm sorry, Tiff. I know how hard this is for your mom, too. But I read your friend Jamie's comment, and she said some good things. When John and I left California to come here...and although my relationship was different than yours with your parents...I still felt like I was forced to stand with John for the first time. I kept wanting to go to my dad for everything...and he was great, and kept pushing me out of the nest like he should. It was the best thing for John and me. And then, when my parents came back...and you know the rest of the story...the balance was there. John and I were finally a unit, and my parents and siblings were extremely important, but an extension of John and me, as it should be. Sure love ya. Don't see you enough...but that's my fault! :-)

Unknown said...

Wow Tiff, I know how hard this is. When we left to move to Colorado on Brigham's 1st birthday I thought the world had ended as we drove away from my parents house. Now going on 4 years being away from my parents it makes those visits that much more special and has really brought our little family closer. It has made Robert and I rely on nobody but ourselves. You're right, you will be able to have many visits and fun vacations together but it will be hard for the first little while not being able to just jaunt over to their house. You will make it through it though, you're a strong person and you have lots of family and friends around you too. Love you!

Hollie said...

I am so sorry to hear that your parents are moving. It was hard to be in Denver without any family around. I hope things work out for you. I feel very fortunate to be back in Idaho with family close by. Hang in there.

Steph said...

Hey. The blog you c an look at is picsbystephy.blogspot.com..... I just started this blog because people want to see a few pics and I'm not fond of putting tons of pics of other people on my normal blog anymore! So....there you are!

Jeremy said...

You can always stop and stay at our house on the way to visit them since it's probably right in the middle!

Debi Lassen said...

I'm sorry you are so sad, Tiff. I know it was hard for me when my parents, grandma and grandpa Beecroft, moved back to Arizona after they had been so close to me all those years while I was raising my kids. I missed them so very much.
We miss Trine up in Utah, too, and Christian up in S.F. but it is nice when they come for long visits and stay right here in our home...we have great times.I wish you the best as you adjust to these changes...your mom and dad, too!
Love you,
Aunt Debi

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME TWO KIDS WAS A LOT HARDER THAN ONE!!!!

Jennifer said...

Hey Tiffany!

Just blog hopping and thought I'd stop by!

I am sorry your parents are moving...

...hope you're doing good!

Love ya! :)

Lissa said...

YOu know how I feel about this one! It freakin' sucks!!!! Im sorry:)