Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Potty Training Diaries


Ok, so I didn't realize that potty training was a two step process.... First comes number one (which was very easy for Seth to accomplish) Then comes number two that takes a lot longer. I am feaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not get him to go in his toilet. So I had to resort to pull up (which I hate) because I was getting sick of cleaning poopy underwear. So I don't know where to go from here. The other night I knew he had to go because he was hiding in the corner so I made him sit on the toilet for like 20 mins. The little stinker got off and then went in his pull up. I thought I was going to loose my mind. He is doing great in the pee department except, like a typical man he thinks he can whip it out anywhere. Like at the park, or when we are out for a walk, or like today when we where coming out of the grocery store I look over and he has pull down his pant and is peeing on my tire. Do I applause such behavior? Or do I turn my head the other way and thank my luck stars that I don't have to clean his car seat again? So I guess I am open to any suggestions.... HELP!!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

The past month Bridget and I have been going through the potty training nightmare also. I say when he pees on your tire you jump for joy. I'm so sick of cleaning pee from the carseat that I wish it was as simple as whipping it out for a girl. The #2 thing is so hard because I think that if it turns into a power struggle you will for sure lose. I'd say just don't make a big deal about it when he goes in his pull-up and hopefully he gets it soon. (I can't say for sure if this will work because Bridget isn't 100% successful yet) Good Luck!

Robert Choate said...

Thank you for the good laugh to start my day. Good luck.

Cristin said...

Debi bought Hans this weird sensor thing that goes in his underwear and an alarm goes off when it senses "heat"... maybe that would scare him into using the toilet.

Jamie and Family said...

I can't help you because Jordyn did not go poop even one time on the potty until ONE YEAR after she was pee-trained. It was the most frustrating thing in the world. She would hold it forever and then BEG for a diaper. If I would refuse the diaper, then she would poop in her panties (hiding).

Advice....hmmmm. Looking back, I honestly don't know if there is one thing I could have done different to make it better because I tried EVERYTHING. So, if I could change anything? It would be to save myself a little energy and to not have gotten SO upset about it because someday it would be over. (Easier said than done).

Hang in there!

Carlotta said...

SO hard cause every kid is different, but applause him for not peeing in his underwear but let him know that the toilet is the place for that; not the tire. Heck I don't know. LOL Worth a shot. Never had a boy so I don't know. Plus kids will do whatever they will right? We did so why wouldn't our kids. =) LOL

Cara Fish said...

I have been to many a Chuck E Cheese party to celebrate poops in the toilet. Call me if I need to attend another!